I’ve never seen the first episode. It is amazing that they taught concepts such as personal hygiene without shaming. It is surprising how many children are not even taught these basic principles but their own parents. Sesame Street was/is an amazing show for many reasons. It teaches valuable material in a relevant and respectful way.
Inspirational Sesame Street Quotes
1. “Everyone makes mistakes, so why can’t you?” – Big Bird.
2. “Who care if me eat carrot or collard greens? Me also like broccoli and lettuce and lima beans. Me still Cookie Monster. That not a sham.” – Cookie Monster.
3. “Where there is life, there is hope.” – Grover.
4. “I’m happy to be me!” – Big Bird.
5. “If you keep practicing, you can do anything.” – Elmo.
6. “Early bird gets the worm. But cookie taste better than worm. So me sleep in.” – Cookie Monster, ‘The Joy Of Cookies: Cookie Monster’s Guide To Life.’
7. “You’d be a grouch, too, if you lived in a trash can!” – Oscar the Grouch.
8. “Of all the benches in all the parks in the world, I had to pick this one!” – Mr. Johnson.
9. “It’s incredible where you can go with your imagination.” – Elmo.
10. “Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.” – Miss Piggy.
11. “Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending.” – Kermit the Frog.
12. “Bad days happen to everyone, but when one happens to you, just keep doing your best and never let a bad day make you feel bad about yourself.” – Big Bird.
13. “The library is a wonderful place with books to read and you can listen to records like ‘The Air Is Alive With The Sound Of Music’.” – Grover.
14. “Friend something better than chocolate ice cream… Maybe friend somebody you give up last cookie for.” – Cookie Monster.
15. “It’s good to be alive.” – Cookie Monster.
16. “Ding-dong, you’re wrong” – Oscar the Grouch.
17. “Elmo thinks it’s important to be kind because if you’re kind to somebody, then they’ll be kind to somebody, and it goes on and on and on.” – Elmo.
18. “Sorry, Slimy, time for sleep now. So close your eyes and dream of all the wonderful trash that’s yet to come. You too. There’ll be more trash tomorrow.” – Oscar the Grouch.
19. “I’m sorry. It feels like the moment calls for some humor. Cookie, cookie, cookie, cookie!” -Cookie Monster
20. “Sally, you’ve never seen a street like Sesame Street before. Everything happens here. You’re gonna love it!” -Gordon.
Sesame Street Love Quotes
As a kid growing up in the 1980s, I watched Sesame Street every chance I could. This was a special treat. I can’t wait to watch more classic episodes. As it is now, I watch it with my young son. 😃😃😃
21. “Do you know why they call me the Count? Because I love to count! Ah-hah-hah!” – The Count.
22. “Cookie is like high five for stomach.” – Cookie Monster.
23. “Oh, I love pigeons more than anything else in this world… besides oatmeal.” – Bert.
24. “Grover: How about the museum? You can look at pictures of the mummies… And the daddies.
Fat Blue: I don’t want to look at pictures of the mummies and the daddies.” – ‘Sesame Street’.
25. “Oscar the Grouch: Can’t anybody tell me how to say ‘no’ in Spanish?
Everybody: NO!” – ‘Sesame Street’.
26. “I can’t hear you, I have a banana in my ear!” – Ernie.
27. “Cookie Monster thief, not liar.” – Cookie Monster.
28. “This is the song la la la la, Elmo’s song.” – Elmo.
29. “At this point, you might think we’d go for the cheap joke. But we’re not going to.” – Kermit The Frog.
30. “Never refer to me as an item. I’m a bird.” – Big Bird. ~~~ Sesame Street Quotes
31. “Keep your hands off, pal!” – Cookie Monster.
32. “For those of you who don’t speak chicken, Zelda says that she is mighty proud to be a chicken!” – Zelda the chicken.
33. “Man oh man, what do ya know? There is intelligent life in outer space!” – Oscar the Grouch.
34. “Ernie: You know, whenever I’m not sleepy, Bert tells me to count sheep? Count von Count: Count Sheep? Who’s that? Ernie: Uh, uh, it’s not a who, it’s a what.” – ‘Sesame Street’.
35. “I’d give you a cookie, but I ate it.” – Cookie Monster.
36. “Keep calm and eat cookies.” – Cookie Monster.
37. “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. It’s the most remarkable word I’ve ever seen. I wish I knew exactly what it mean. It starts out like an A word, as anyone can see. But somewhere in the middle, it gets awful ‘QR’ to me. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. If I ever find out just what this word can mean, I’ll be the smartest bird the world has ever seen.” – Big Bird.
38. “The key to a lasting friendship, is always respecting each other, listening to each other, and caring what the other person thinks and feels.” – Ernie.
39. “Today we will live in the moment unless it’s unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie.” – Cookie Monster.
40. “Here’s some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs and members of Parliament.” – Kermit the Frog.
41. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” – Jim Henson.
42. “Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart.” – Jim Henson.
43. “I spend a few minutes in meditation and prayer each morning. I find that this really helps me to start the day with a good frame of reference. As part of my prayers, I thank whoever is helping me – I’m sure that somebody or something is – I express gratitude for all my blessings and try to forgive the people that I’m feeling negative toward. I try hard not to judge anyone, and I try to bless everyone who is part of my life, particularly anyone with whom I am having any problems.” – Jim Henson.
44. “There’s great value in being able to step back and laugh at yourself, at life and at attitudes. Laughter helps you put everything into perspective.” – Jim Henson.
45. “Take what you got and fly with it.” – Jim Henson.
Who else watching this at midnight? Takes me back to when I was a kid 1988 in kindergarten, we’d watch this every morning just before class started. If only we could go back in time and relive time for a day or two. Back when life was simple