Rishi Sunak turned into England’s third State head this year, entrusted with combatting a financial emergency that has left millions battling to pay their food and energy bills.
Rishi Sunak Quotes Today
1. Ethnic minorities are not one homogeneous political group. Rishi Sunak
2. In terms of cultural upbringing, I’d be at the temple at the weekend – I’m a Hindu – but I’d also be at the Saints game as well on a Saturday – you do everything, you do both. Rishi Sunak
3. I feel the Conservatives are doing really well both in attracting votes from British Indians and also having successful British Indians in the party. Rishi Sunak
4. From education to employment, housing to trust in the police, politicians from all parties must understand the different issues affecting individual communities. Rishi Sunak
5. I have been elected as leader of my party — your prime minister — in part to fix them (Truss’ mistakes), and that work begins immediately.
6. I will place economic stability and confidence at the heart of this government’s agenda. You have seen during Covid I have done everything I could to protect people and businesses with schemes.
7. I will unite our country not with words but action. I will work day in and day out to deliver. Trust is earned, and I will earn it.
8. “I will unite our country not with words, but with action. I will work day in and day out to deliver for you. This government will have integrity, professionalism, and accountability at every level. Trust is earned and I will earn yours.”
9. “I will deliver on (our manifesto’s) promise. A stronger NHS, better schools, safer streets, control of our borders, protecting our environment, supporting our armed forces, levelling up, and building an economy that embraces the opportunities of Brexit where businesses invest, innovate and create jobs.”
10. My father is a doctor and my mother ran the local pharmacy. Growing up, I saw firsthand the difference they made to our community. Rishi Sunak
11. Having a lower tax, simpler, fairer, flatter tax system is something that can drive growth. Rishi Sunak
12. We are committed to levelling up across every region and nation in the U.K. and that is why we are making the largest ever public investment into broadband. This investment delivers on our promises to the British people, boosting growth and prosperity across the country. Rishi Sunak
13. There can be no lasting prosperity for our people, if we do not protect our planet. Rishi Sunak
14. India is a major power, with a youthful and hardworking population, and has an incredibly bright future. I hope the U.K. can be part of that journey as a close partner. Rishi Sunak
Rishi Sunak Best Quotes
15. We rise to challenges, we will meet them, we’re well prepared for them, we’ll get through them and we’ll emerge on the other side stronger. Rishi Sunak
16. Upon leaving the E.U., Britain will find itself with more opportunities for economic innovation than at any time in almost 50 years. Rishi Sunak
17. We are a country of Newton, Hodgson, and Turing. Ours is a country of ideas, invention and discovery and is truly a national history. Rishi Sunak
18. In spite of what are unprecedented measures in scale and scope, I can’t stand here and say I can save every single job, protect every single business or indeed every single charity. That’s just simply not possible. Rishi Sunak
19. I’m a first generation immigrant. Rishi Sunak
20. Right now our country is facing a profound economic crisis, the aftermath of Covid still lingers, Putin’s war in Ukraine has destabilised energy markets and supply chains the world over.
21. Liz Truss was not wrong to want to improve growth in this country. It is a noble aim and I admired her restlessness to create change but some mistakes were made, not born of ill will or bad intentions, but mistakes nonetheless.
22. From working in my mum’s tiny chemist shop to my experience building large businesses, I have seen how we should support free enterprise and innovation to ensure Britain has a stronger future. Rishi Sunak
23. It is important that those that do come to settle in the U.K. gain a sense of British identity and share British values. We have always attracted the best and brightest. Rishi Sunak
24. As you would expect, I come from a business background, and the idea that a finance director would be somewhat not working closely with the CEO of a company is very strange to anyone in the business world. Rishi Sunak
25. It was a Conservative government that in 2016 introduced the national living wage, giving Britain’s lowest-paid workers the biggest pay rise in 20 years. Rishi Sunak
26. More generally, I strongly believe in the importance of fiscal responsibility. Rishi Sunak
27. There is a clear political desire to rebalance the British economy away from London towards the regions, and away from the services sector towards manufacturing. Rishi Sunak
28. “I want to pay tribute to my predecessor Liz Truss. She was not wrong to want to improve growth in this country. It is a noble aim. And I admired her restlessness to create change. But some mistakes were made — not born of ill will, or bad intentions. And I have been elected as leader of my party and your prime minister, in part to fix them.”
29. “Our country is facing a profound economic crisis. The aftermath of Covid still lingers. Putin’s war in Ukraine has destabilised energy markets and supply chains the world over. I will place economic stability and confidence at the heart of this government’s agenda. This will mean difficult decisions to come.”
30. “I will always be grateful to Boris Johnson for his incredible achievements as prime minister and I treasure his warmth and generosity of spirit.”