I love the fact that Kyo stopped his anger to avoid yelling at Tohru ☺️ for Kyo, who always speaks his mind and responds in anger 90% of the time, it really shows how much he appreciates her and what she does
Best Fruits Basket quotes For Anime Lovers
1. “The scariest and the most painful thing is to be hated by someone you truly love.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
2. “It’s not always easy to see the good in people. In some people, you might even doubt that it’s there at all. But if you can somehow, find a way to believe…sometimes that’s all it takes to help someone, to give them the strength to find the good in themselves.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
3. “My mom told me, it’s better to trust people than to doubt them. She said that people aren’t born with kind hearts. When we’re born, all we have are desires for food and material things. Selfish instincts, I guess. But she said that kindness is something that grows inside of each person’s body, but it’s up to us to nurture that kindness in our hearts. That’s why kindness is different for every person.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
4. “A conscience grows, just like the body. It’s bred within your heart. That’s why the shape of people’s kindness is so different.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
5. “AH! I turned him into a cat! I’m so sorry, I don’t know how this happened but we’re going to help you, okay?!” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
6. “Mr. Postman! It’s terrible, you see! They’re animals!” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
7. “You can erase my memory, but afterwards, promise you’ll still be my friend?” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
8. “My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
Interesting Fruits Basket Quotes
Its moments like these that make me realize that Yuki and Kyo are a lot alike, but their personalities clash so much. Too much alike and yet too different. No wonder they can’t get along.
9. “Sometimes living can be hard! But it’s only because we’re alive that we can make each other laugh, cry, and be happy!” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
10. “As long as you live things will keep happening! As long as you’re alive wishes will keep being made!” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
11. “No one really starts out kind. All we know how to do at first is want. We want food, we want attention…It’s just natural survival instinct, I guess…But kindness is something that we all have to learn as we go. It’s something that grows and develops slowly over time…The same way our bodies do…” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
12. “I don’t think anyone is born with a reason to live. It’s something you have to find for yourself.” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
Kyo Sohma Quotes From The Fruits Basket
14. “Yo…Are you ready for me to break your neck…Rat~boy?” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
15. “You know…you really are something…[to Tohru].” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
16. “Ha ha! Eat my dust, rat~~~boy! [to Yuki].” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
17. “I love you. When did I start to love you so much?” ~~~ Kyou Sohma.
18. “If you love someone, they could make you sad. They could even make you feel lonely sometimes. But, that someone can also make you happier than you’ll ever be.” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
19. “I’m gonna take my place as a true member of this family!” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
20. “Tohru, I can’t stand not being with you…I…because I love you.” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
21. “I want to possess her…to make her belong to me, and only me.” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
22. “Maybe I’m not perfect. Maybe I have a long way to go. But someday…someday I’ll be able to stand and walk on my own. Without hurting anyone…and without being a burden.” ~~~ Kyo Sohma.
- Also Read:
- 50 Best Once Upon a Time in the West Quotes
- 50 Best Se7en Movie Quotes
- Best Jungle Cruise Quotes 2021
Best Fruits Basket Quotes
Have y’all noticed that neither Yuki not Kyo get jealous or mad when one of them is with Tohru or is talking to her because they both know their position/friendship with her 😚
23. “I’m a complete failure. At everything I do, I’m absolutely worthless. I know this, and yet I continue to burden the human race with my presence. Every day I rob the world of valuable air by breathing. I’m a thief, and I hate myself for it.” ~~~ Ritsu Sohma.
24. “There are things that take a long time to acquire. Friends. Love. Really, nothing has been a waste.” ~~~ Megumi Hanajima.
25. “If you become perplexed or make errors, in the end have the kind of life that you can have pride in living. The kind where you can say, “I persevered.” Repeating delightful things and sad things. And in that way keep getting older. I persevered.” ~~~ Kyoko Honda.
26. “I’m not sure why I’ve decided to do this. I’m not any stronger than I was, and nothing else has changed. But all the same, this time I’m not going to run away. It’s okay to feel weak sometimes. It’s okay to be afraid. The important thing is that we face our fears. That’s…that’s what makes us strong.” ~~~ Yuki Sohma.
27. “Ayame: Change is inedible.
Hatori: Don’t you mean inevitable?
Ayame, spitting out a concerning amount of coins: no.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
28. “Just as no matter how hard you try to keep it away, despair will attack you again and again. In the same manner, hope will return to you. Again and again.” ~~~ Kazuma Sohma.
29. “Like my motto says ~~~ ‘Never give up no matter what life throws your way!” ~~~ Tohru Honda.
30. “You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You’ll get there. Just be yourself, you’ll be fine.” ~~~ Kyoko Honda.
31. “Kyo Sohma:[angrily pointing at Yuki] Just like I’ll beat you one of these days!
Yuki Sohma: [looking bored] Wait, wait, I think I’ve heard this one before!” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
32. “[singing to himself as he prepares for Tohru’s friends to come over] High school girls! 1, 2, 3!” ~~~ Shigure Sohma.
33. “Ayame: [clasping Yuki’s hands] Yuki, let’s deepen the bond between us brothers!
Yuki Sohma: [annoyed] Before you can do that I’ll drown you in the deepest part of that lake.
Ayame: That’s right! No matter what happens we’ll be together.
Yuki Sohma: I’ll let you drown alone!” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
34. “Waaaahhh! Someone! Kyo’s picking on me!” ~~~ Momiji Sohma.
35. “Kagura: You don’t know what a woman feels like when she’s in love!
Shigure Sohma: Oh, yes I do! Or at least I’ve felt enough women to venture a guess.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
36. “Shigure: Did you know that jellyfish have survived 600,000 years without having brains?
Hatori: A ray of hope for you then.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
37. “Shigure: Why are Tohru and Kyo sitting with their backs to each other?
Yuki: They had a fight.
Shigure: Why are they holding hands then?
Yuki: They get sad when they fight.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
38. “Shigure: What would you do if I was kidnapped?
Akito: Wait thirty minutes until they let you go voluntarily.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
39. “Kidnapper: We have your wife.
Kyo: What?! You have Tohru?!
Kidnapper: Yeah, she made us rethink our life choices and we feel really guilty now. Can you come pick her up?” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
Sad Fruits Basket Quotes
joking aside, in the original anime (can’t account for the manga, sorry), this scene had a close-up of Hatori’s face after Shigure’s tease, rather than a full-body shot, so the sudden door closing was LIKELY done with his hands. Honestly, I think the animators just got complacent with trying to recreate this scene. Still funny as all get out, though.
40. “We have just witnessed a classic example of what I like to call ‘misdirected rage’.” ~~~ Natsuki Takaya.
41. “Strangely enough, when you get older, the things you didn’t understand when you were a child… starts to make sense.” ~~~ Ayame Sohma.
42. “I started crying. It was the first time in my life that I felt forgiven. Like I was saved. Like the frozen snow that’s melted by spring, the tears wouldn’t stop.” ~~~ Hatori Sohma.
43. “If it’s possible for one person to be hurt by another, then it’s possible for that same person to be healed by another.” ~~~ Hatori Sohma.
44. “Hatori ~ What do you think snow becomes after it melts?
Tohru ~ What? Um, let’s see. It..It becomes spring, doesn’t it? No matter how cold it is now, spring will come for sure. Amazing, isn’t it? Snow always melts away. Always. I love spring the most.” ~~~ ‘Fruits Basket’.
45. “I still can’t control my wish to see her. I never thought of how important she was to me. It’s you that I want. Do you not want me? Don’t you want to be together.” ~~~ Hatsuharu Sohma.
46. “Mingling with people, hurting them, getting hurt by them. That’s how you learn about people and about yourself.” ~~~ Shigure Sohma.
47. “I want to believe that life isn’t full of darkness. Even if storms come to pass, the sun will shine again. No matter how painful and hard the rain may beat down on me.” ~~~ Akito Sohma.
48. “I want to believe that memories, even sad and painful ones, should not be forgotten forever.” ~~~ Sohma Momiji.
49. “If you think of someone’s good qualities as the umeboshi in an onigiri it’s as if their qualities are stuck to their back! People around the world are like onigiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it’s stuck on their back they might not be able to see their umeboshi.” ~~~ Natsuki Takaya.
50. “To forgive or not to forgive…are those my only choices?” ~~~ Natsuki Takaya.